Moodle moot 05

Moodle moot 05

by Richard Treves -
Number of replies: 0
Its been a crazy week in my life so I've only just got around to posting this.

I really enjoyed moodlemoot in Oxford on Monday and Tuesday, I met loads of great people and, reflecting the wonderful online community here, I found pretty much everyone I spoke to had something interesting to tell me.

The only real moodle activity I do is put together example courses (" hey guys, we could release a course that looks like this...") and use moodle as a development platform for my team of Authors and reviewers.  The dreaded BB is Southampton's main VLE so I regard my Moodle stuff as a guerilla installation, it may be used to teach a course sometime in the future but at the moment its hiding in the bushes.  So it was lovely to meet a bunch of people who:
  • understand why OS software is the best thing since sliced bread
  • understand why moodle is the best thing since bread
  • understand that elearning is something more than converting your ppt slides to pdf and putting them in a VLE
since no one I usually come across at work gets these things.

I especially enjoyed meeting another moodle fan from Southampton Uni(his office is  500m from my office - always happens at conferences) and Mandy.  Mandy got so enthusiastic telling me about using cheap DVD recorders in teaching that she almost was jumping up in the air big grin - thanks Mandy, your enthusiasm was infectious.

I hope to have a go at doing an online version of my 'learning objects' talk since I didn't go live on the webcast and so won't be recorded either but I'm snowed under with work at the moment sad so don't anyone hold their breath.

Thanks to the feedback from people about my talk, useful stuff, and BIG thanks to Sean and the team for putting it all together.  I see from his email he's off on Holiday at the moment, very well deserved.

Rich
Average of ratings: -