reinstalling?

reinstalling?

by Birdie Newborn -
Number of replies: 3
My upgrading from 1.3 worked fine up to the wiki section, which hangs. Should I just reinstall? I don't know what else to do, and nobody's responded to my question.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Birdie Newborn

Re: reinstalling?

by Jan Dierckx -

Just recently noticed your other posts on the install problems. If the wiki module is causing the problems, you might try removing the module from your Moodle installation. Of course deleting the wikimodule also means losing all content stored in wiki's

(I wouldn't trust backups from your wiki module if it is causing this kind of problem)

If you are willing to take the risk, I think this procedure could be used.

You cannot access the admin page from where you'd normally delete modules. That's why we need a workaround.

Does this make the installation continue?

In reply to Jan Dierckx

by Birdie Newborn -
Thanks, Jan. I'll try it on Monday when I'm in. I don't think 1.3 had a wiki, though it would be very convenient to be able to use it. Can I add it later?
In reply to Birdie Newborn

by Jan Dierckx -

Oops, I assumed that you still had a Moodle 1.3 installation which refused to update to a Moodle 1.5.2 installation because of this problem with the wiki.

Since then an extra security measure was added to the code. You may get an error message A required parameter (sesskey) was missing when you follow the directions in my earlier post.

If that is the case you can still manually delete the wiki module by typing the following http://www.beachcollege.net/m/admin/modules.php?delete=wiki&sesskey=S2oQpcIG7x

The problem is: the bold code changes everytime you login. You need to figure out which one that is for your current login session.

To do this:

• (still logged in as admin) visit a course

• Turn editing on

• hover your mouse over one of the edit buttons next to the activities

• in your browser's statusbar you should see a link which include s a part &sesskey=S2oQpcIB7x

• Write down the characters of the sesskey code

• Visit http://www.beachcollege.net/m/admin/modules.php?delete=wiki&sesskey=S2oQpcIG7x but replace the bold sesskey code in these instructions with your own sesskey code.

Hope this saves you a complete Moodle reinstall. And yes, it is still possible to reinstall the wiki module. In fact this trick will only delete the wiki databases (the ones that seem to cause this problem) not the wiki code. If you visit your admin/index.php afterwards, it will reinstall the database tables again, hopefully succeeding this time.