Moodle 1.5.3 release date

Moodle 1.5.3 release date

by Luke Von Helvete -
Number of replies: 10

Hello,

I was hoping someone could let me know when moodle 1.5.3 is likely to be released.

Thanks,

Luke

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luke Von Helvete

Re: Moodle 1.5.3 release date

by Darren Smith -
Hello.

Is there any particular bug fix you are hoping 1.5.3 will address? You can get pretty close by getting 1.5.2+ from the download page which should be more than enough for most of us mortals!
In reply to Darren Smith

by James Robertson -

Some marked improvements to the assignment grading interace have been slated for 1.5.3, also (I believe) some online submission enhancements.  And I keep hoping that backup of quiz attempts data will be implemented...

Jim.

In reply to James Robertson

by James Robertson -
There was a comment some while back that 1.5.3 would be released very soon, and I would like the assignment mods if at all possible.  But now it is looking like we will enter fall semester under 1.5.2.  I have been delaying upgrading our production site anticipating release of 1.5.3, but I need to upgrade it fairly soon to prepare for the coming term.  It's hard to determine when to make a jump: it's rather awkward for us to upgrade versions on the production site, and unless there's a really good reason I don't like to upgrade during the semester.

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
It will be released when it can be. No date has been set. The assignment interface fixes are not started yet and there a couple of nasty bugs that need fixing.

I wish I could be more helpful with a date, but the fact is that development on Moodle and making a living are generally two competing activities ... I and others are working on fixing that situation permanently but this in itself takes time.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by James Robertson -

Thanks for your reply.  I certainly didn't mean to be pushing...I just wondered if it was imminent.  Apparently not (which is fine), and 1.5.2+ looks really good, so I will go ahead with it. 

No need to explain not having a date -- I'm grateful you release Moodle versions when they are ready rather than in order to meet a date.

JIm.

by Michael Penney -
If you are using MySQL, make sure you are using 4.0.11+.

Other than the assignment grading interface problems, 1.5.2+ seems ok so far (look in the bug tracker for our metacourse fixes though if you are using them).
In reply to Michael Penney

by Penny Leach -
I have a fix for the metacourses and mysql 3.23 problems, I will be committing it when I get to work.
In reply to Penny Leach

by Penny Leach -
Sorry, I told a big fat lie. The fixes were on a different computer than I thought.

Now that I'm at work, I will have to commit them when I get home angry
In reply to Penny Leach

by Penny Leach -
Ok. Metacourses fix for mysql 3.23 is in latest stable. Please upgrade to next build or latest cvs (there's a delay between developer cvs and anonymous cvs) and confirm.
In reply to Michael Penney

by James Robertson -
Not using metacourses yet, and the marking block & gradebook enhancement provide some great assignment grading interface options.  Thanks for your encouragement on 1.5.2+.