How to organize ?

How to organize ?

by Josip Posavec -
Number of replies: 2

Hi!

I'm starting new site based on Moodle.

My plan (for first step) is to put on-line all test for primary school for all 8 years (in Croatia primary school is 8 years) for all subjects.

For now, I dont have planned to use Moodle for teaching, only for testing.

My question is how to organize all this questions? (Next step will be to add test for secondary school, faculty's, driver school, question about "life" things)

Any idea?

Sorry, I have no experience with Moodle, thats why is difficult to plan organization of courses, topics, questions

Thank you very much for all suggestion!

Greetings from Zagreb

Josip

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Josip Posavec

Re: How to organize ?

by Hans B0s -
In reply to Hans B0s

Re: How to organize ?

by Ryan Chadwick -
I don't know if my understanding of what you want to do is correct but I would approach it like this.

Set up categories for each of your faculties.

Then set up courses for each of your main topic areas (or potentially group topics together). Your decision on this has to do with where you plan to go with it. If you only ever want to stick with assessments on Moodle then I would say group the assessments to keep things central and simple. If you plan to extend later and add course material as well as other collaborative activities (wiki's, forums, databases, etc) then I would say split them out so that later you can easily add material.

Then set up your quizzes. Create pools of questions so that they can easily be reused etc. Easiest way to do this is to get all your teachers to work on it. Set a target such as each teacher must contribute 3 questions. This will force them to get involved and create ownership.

After you've run a few classes through, go over the results and tweak questions (some will be too hard, others too easy etc).