Adding another hierarchy level

Adding another hierarchy level

by Kirk Haines -
Number of replies: 0
The online learning system that I have been asked to implement has an enrollment wrinkle that I'm hoping someone with more experience with Moodle can point me a way to a solution (or to a more appropriate place to post this question).

The customer will be the administrator, creating meta courses and courses. However, the customer is creating these classes for a variety of organizations, with each organization having some unique set of students and a unique set of courses available to them.

And that's the part that is stopping me right now with moodle.

Essentially, there needs to be one more component of grouping for students, teachers, admins, and courses. So a specific course is associated only with one organization, and a specific user is associated only with that one organization. You get the picture.

I could create seperate Moodle installations for each organization, but if I do that then I loose the ability for a master administrator to maintain courses and, especially, meta courses, as well as the organization specific administrator(s) in one place.

Anyone have any ideas how I should approach this?

Thanks,

Kirk Haines

Average of ratings: -