Import questions from Exam View Pro 4.0.8

Import questions from Exam View Pro 4.0.8

by Donnie Carpenter -
Number of replies: 12
I get the folowing message when trying to import questions from Exam View Pro 4.0.8:  I'm on Moodle 5.1.2.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\moodle\mod\quiz\format\examview\format.php on line 173

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Donnie Carpenter

Re: Import questions from Exam View Pro 4.0.8

by Donnie Carpenter -
Figured this one out myself. Went into the ExamView software and "exported" the test files in the XML format. Imported into Moodle just fine after that.

by John Blake -
I have used ExamView Pro with Moodle. I have had issues with matching questions. I am using the OS X version. I am using EV version 4.1.5. I am going to try to create a test again in a few minutes and see how it imports in to Moodle.
Got this error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/incsborg/public_html/moodle/mod/quiz/format/xml/format.php on line 244

What format did you select to import your XML file? I tried Moodle XML...
In reply to John Blake

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
No, it's still ExamView import format. It seems you just have to make sure you get the 'correct' format when you export from ExamView.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Kevin Van Dewark -
I am having problems importing from an Exam View file.  I export from Exam View as xml and import into Moodle using examview, however I keep getting this error message.  Any suggestions?

Warning: htmlentities() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in E:\www\humphreys.edu\moodle\mod\quiz\format\examview\format.php on line 191
In reply to Kevin Van Dewark

by Matt Campbell -

I had an instructor having the same problem, and the problem is that it didnt like one of the fonts. Rather than try to figure it out, I just did this:

Attachment evamview.JPG

by Donnie Carpenter -
Have stumbled on to another issue when importing ExamView XML into Moodle. If the ExamView source file contains "Italics", then the question does not import correctly into Moodle. Has anyone else ran into this one?

by Chris Potter -
We've had problems with the import process halting at a question with a single apostrophe, such as in the words Chris's or John's. We noticed that if we went and replaced the special character reference of ’ with a blank or nothing, then it worked fine. Hope that helps.

by Geof Duncan -
I'm using EV Pro 4.0.6 and have found that the xml format is sketchy at best. I've found that if I do an export to Blackboard 6.0. Then open the zip file produced and import the DAT file it works every time.
In reply to Geof Duncan

by Cathy Maher -
Hi Geof,

I did not have any good results with ExamView xml files.  Thanks for the tip.

Cathy