LMSSetValue Error and Lectora

LMSSetValue Error and Lectora

by Sarah Champion -
Number of replies: 1

Hi everyone,

Quite stuck with an issue I'm having with Lectora 12 and Moodle 2.2.

I have built a course (small - 4 MCQs and 4 short answers). The course has 2 chapters - a PC chapter, and a mobile chapter (which is a duplicate of the PC chapter, but mobile-sized). Both chapters share the same variables and retaining answers is on in the aim that users can switch between the mobile and PC versions and it will track where they are up to. 

On a PC, variables are retained, it can remember where the user is up to, no errors.

If part way through the course I switch to my iphone and try to pick up where I left off, it can see where I got up to, and works. BUT, if I go out of the mobile version from there, and back in again, it has lost all the completed questions and it throws the following error:

LMSSetValue Error:

Some of the persistent data was not able to be stored.

To make it even weirder, if I go back to the PC version, it's remembered where I got up to (but on the PC version, not the mobile version) and doesn't throw any errors.

I have tried this fix that I saw floating around:

CMIString4096 = '^[\\u0000-\\uffff]{0,40960}$';

which helped (as at first it was throwing the persistent data error on mobile ALL the time, not just the second time), but hasn't entirely fixed the problem.

I've tried both SCORM 1.2 and 2004 and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any ideas? 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sarah Champion

Re: LMSSetValue Error and Lectora

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Sarah,
I've no enough experience with different mobile devices but it sounds like an issue between your device and the SCORM API engine implementation in Moodle.

If the two content versions shares the same kind of data - here I guess interactions - I cannot understand the reason why you need to expand the size of CMIString4096 unless linked to an issue to support some regexps at your mobile device side.

Have you tried with a different mobile device or using a newer Moodle version e.g. http://demo.moodle.net/ (for a better mobile friendly ecosystem)?

HTH,
Matteo