Multichoice questions - variety of answer types?

Multichoice questions - variety of answer types?

ដោយ Josh Brown នៅ
ចំនួនតប៖ 3

Hi all,

I am not clear on how Moodle marks the quiz if it is multiple choice. Is it possible to set some questions as MUST GET RIGHT and others as need to have 80% of these right?

Thanks, Josh

មធ្យមភាគនៃរង្វាយតម្លៃ: -
ឆ្លើយតបទៅកាន់ Josh Brown

Re: Multichoice questions - variety of answer types?

ដោយ Stuart Mealor នៅ

Hi Josh

Each question has it's own grade.

So a Quiz with 10 questions would usually have 10 points (for example).
This of course might translate to a score of 100%.

You can get creative with things like question Categories.

You can also assign different values to each question, so some might be worth 15 points, others only 5.

I don't think there is anything in standard Moodle that would allow you to say "Here are ten questions, to pass this Quiz you have to get question 3 and 8 completely right - and if you don't the overall Quiz is a fail."

However, you could in fact use two Quizzes, with the second Quiz containing the questions that MUST be correct - because then that Quiz will simply need a Grade of 100% to be correct ញញឹម

Others here may have ideas ?
I'm also not sure if any plugins could do this - but I can't think of any.
Hmmm, maybe you could use very large negative scores for the question that must be correct, and if they are not that would pull the overall score right down? ញញឹម

PS - you might want to consider using CBM - Certainty Based Marking ?

Stu

ឆ្លើយតបទៅកាន់ Stuart Mealor

ដោយ Josh Brown នៅ

Dear Stu,

This is very helpful! Thanks for all this info. In this case it will be best to design a quiz of 10 questions, and students must get 8 right to pass. Could you tell me what the best way to do this would be?

Josh

ឆ្លើយតបទៅកាន់ Josh Brown

ដោយ Stuart Mealor នៅ

Yes, a Quiz with 10 questions where Students must get 8 correct seems very straight forward.

If each question is worth 10 marks (10%), then setting the pass grade =>80% is simple, because 8 correct answers will automatically equate to 80%.