Atto - paste from Word

Atto - paste from Word

by Just H -
Number of replies: 8

Hi folks, hopefully I'm just missing something but is there a "Paste from Word" setting or a plugin for Atto yet? My "powers of search" seem to be coming up short!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Just H

Re: Atto - paste from Word

by Damyon Wiese -
Atto always does some cleaning - there is no special function for it.

See: lib/editor/atto/yui/src/editor/js/clean.js
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Damyon Wiese

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

We've had a report that it isn't overly effective in some cases - it worked OK for me in some simple Word doc tests when we first upgraded to 2.9, I'm waiting for a copy of the document it didn't do so well on to see how it compares (I expect ones with more fancy formatting won't get such good treatment).

Where is this report of it being a dedicated button with better stripping coming late this year? I can't find it via google.

In reply to Dave Perry

by Stephen Gibbs Jr. -

Yeah, we are having this issue as well when people try to paste in from Word more complicated formatting that includes numbering and the like.  The spacing ends up being weird and text wraps at the wrong place.  Will there be improvements to the Atto text editor in Moodle 3.0?

In reply to Dave Perry

by Chad Bergeron -

Just had a report of issues with this when dealing with advanced formatting as well (footnotes, blockquotes, etc). Switched the student back to the TinyMCE Editor.

In reply to Just H

by Stephen Leonard -

I've had some luck with this plugin: https://moodle.org/plugins/view/atto_pastespecial

Without it, pasting things into Atto seems disastrous.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)