Anyone added a bootstrap tour to their site?

Re: Anyone added a bootstrap tour to their site?

by Mike Grant -
Number of replies: 9

Hi Kimber,

I've used the "bootstrap tour" script that is mentioned in the original post, it took me about 5 mins (maybe less) to get the really basic implementation of it in. So showing on multiple pages, and being able to next through.

It's a nice script, that gets you from A to B in seconds.

In reply to Mike Grant

by Mike Grant -

Just remembered that you were both interested in this, I've started building this (really slowly) and I've put a proof of concept up on GitHub in case you were interested. https://github.com/mike-grant/moodle-local_bootstraptour

It's definitely not releasable, or in any other stage than making the tour appear.

The settings are in jquery/tour.js at the top.

Thanks

EDIT: Just to point out aswell, that the ids that are being referenced are in the BCU theme, and will most likely fail on any other theme.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mike Grant

by Mari Cruz García -

Hello Mike,

It is a very good idea. I am also looking at bootstrap for revamping our theme. Thanks for sharing your resource with us.

Somebody mentioned Essential as a theme to start with. I chose Essential for one of our Moodle site, but I wouldn't use it again taking into account the amount of glitches found when working with third party plugins, such as the one discovered with Turnitin V1. I believe that the bug has been fixed in the last versionsof Essential (which, as a whole, is a smart theme) .

You may want to test how Essential works with Turnitin Direct V2 before choosing that theme.

I personally think that it is better to start with a simple theme such as Clean, in which there has no bugs reported for third party add-ons so far

Regards,

Mari Cruz

In reply to Mike Grant

by Just H -

Thanks for putting it up on github Mike, I had to put it on the backburner before I got anywhere with it, will hopefully get a chance to look into it in the next few weeks and no doubt your work will save us some time. If we get a chance to look into it we'll report back.

Regards

H

In reply to Mike Grant

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Mike Grant

by Tulix Velásquez -

Hi Mike, I have a question, where i upload the bootstrap code,  in the themes folder?

In reply to Mike Grant

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

This looks really cool.  If anyone knows how to pass a variable to the js file I could build it into a theme where you could conceivably fill out the form and add your own content to the tour.

In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Chris,

RE: If anyone knows how to pass a variable to the js file.

I do.

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Chris - take a look at the two radial displays you just put into Pioneer smile

They take a value that is displayed (or rather hidden) in the DOM as a variable to use to create the radial chart.

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

But... save the markup clutter and use parameters in the AMD module call.  See Shoehorn Chartist.js stuff.