Moodle email_to_user

Moodle email_to_user

by Mark B -
Number of replies: 0

Hi there,

Previously i had been running a 2.2 setup of Moodle in my last employer and have recently upgraded to 2.6.5, the problem i have is that no e-mails are being sent to anybody. 

I have been using a custom built php script which uses the email_to_user function and always worked really well in the past, now on 2.6 it has suddenly stopped working.  I have enabled debug e-mail sending from the debug options and it now shows the following results:

CLIENT -> SMTP: RCPT TO: SMTP -> get_lines(): $data was ""SMTP -> get_lines(): $str is "550-Unexisting, forged or unallowed sender address (*****@****.co.uk) used "SMTP -> get_lines(): $data is "550-Unexisting, forged or unallowed sender address (*****@****.co.uk) used "SMTP -> get_lines(): $data was "550-Unexisting, forged or unallowed sender address (m.bolton@itecne.co.uk) used "SMTP -> get_lines(): $str is "550 with authenticated connection (*****@crm.discover-ecampus.com) "SMTP -> get_lines(): $data is "550-Unexisting, forged or unallowed sender address (****@****.co.uk) used 550 with authenticated connection (****@crm.discover-ecampus.com) "SMTP -> FROM SERVER:550-Unexisting, forged or unallowed sender address (****@****.co.uk) used 550 with authenticated connection (moodleadmin@crm.discover-ecampus.com) SMTP -> ERROR: RCPT TO command failed: 550-Unexisting, forged or unallowed sender address (****@****.co.uk) used 550 with authenticated connection (****@crm.discover-ecampus.com) SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: *****@hotmail.com

I can confirm that the cron is running but when i run cron it does not show any e-mail running or say anything at all about e-mail.  Also to note is that the server i run Moodle on, i run a cron job every day at midnight and this seems to work fine but e-mail_to_user from Moodle function just doesn't seem to work.  Anybody have any ideas? Do you think the port may have changed on my e-mail host as all e-mails send from the web server Moodle is on seem to be fine.  Just to finally clarify, the e-mail server on the web server Moodle is hosted on is different to SMTP details used in my Moodle config as i use a separate server for that.

If you do know of any bugs or would like me to re-word what i have written then i can explain more but basically email_to_user function just does nothing at all with 2.6.5.

Many thanks,

Mark

Average of ratings: -