QMP Perception 4.4

QMP Perception 4.4

by Richard Oelmann -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi all,

We have a QMP Perception server running 4.4 (due to be upgraded after exams in the summer) and I have just been asked if there is a way to connect it to our Moodle site (Moodle 2.7).

The only connectors I can find from QMP are for QMP4 ->Moodle1.9 or LTI which requires Moodle2.2 and QMP5.1

A colleague who works more with the QMP side than I do has posted there for help, but I am wondering if anyone on here has experience of connecting QMP4 -> Moodle2?

At the moment I'd go for converting the quiz banks to Moodle or for some kind of SSO connector (we use Shibboleth if that helps)

Thanks,

Richard

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Oelmann

Re: QMP Perception 4.4

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
LTI is the sensible option if you want to keep QMP.

Or, conver everything to Moodle quizzes, but that will be more work.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Richard Oelmann -

Thanks Tim, but QMPs LTI link says it requires QMP5.1 so that isn't an option until the summer upgrade.

And no, I don't personally want to keep QMP, I'd rather see the quizes in Moodle, but unfortunately thats not my call.

But I will take the QuizMaster's advice and pass that on smile

Looks like its a separate sign on and just give students the URL link - which is what I understand they've been doing before - or exporting a SCORM package from QMP4 and using that in Moodle.

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Here is a previous thread about transferring questions from QMP to Moodle: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=227506. Probably worth a read.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Richard Oelmann -

Many thanks Tim,

Yes I had seen that discussion but it requires Respondus as a middle step.

I'm going to pass the information back to the colleague concerned and see if he can find out exactly what the scale of the issue is - how many quizes and questions are involved.

The issue is that prior to our merger, one of the institutions has apparently had a small scale QMP installation that the old IT department omitted to tell the new IT team about before everyone involved left and it has just been 'rediscovered' when one of the academics raised some questions about it. The QMP setup for exams and quizes in the combined insitution is the one hosted by the other university that was involved in the merger and still runs QMP4 until the summer.

However, we also have QMP for module evaluation (the other institution is running Bb so we couldn't use Moodle feedbacks, although thats what we had set up previously) and that server is in the process of being upgraded to QMP5.

So I think I'm going to propose that the 'problem' quizes are temporarily moved to the module evaluation server and are then on QMP5 and can be linked with LTI. They can then be moved again to the main 'exam' server when that is upgraded ready for next academic year.

Thanks for the help, as always smile