Essential 2.8.1.2 course list and JSON error.

Essential 2.8.1.2 course list and JSON error.

by Toshimi Hatanaka -
Number of replies: 9

Hi,

I would like to ask you about two things.

1. The logic of course list display under a category.

Under some categories, course list are displayed with course icon and teachers list like this.

On the other hand, under some categories, the course list are displayed only with the course title and small (i) icon button.

I am not sure the logic why those difference is happened. Is there any configuration setting for this?

Moreover, when I click (i) icon on the left side to show the course details, the following error has been occurred.

Is this a kind of bug or something mistakes on my setting?

Regards,
Toshimi

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Toshimi Hatanaka

Re: Essential 2.8.1.2 course list and JSON error.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

1. Is a setting somewhere, I forget where.  Not a themes thing.

2. Does that happen in other themes?

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The setting Gareth mentions is Site Administration > Appearance > Courses: Courses with Summaries limit

This defaults to 10, so if your category has less than 10 courses it will show the detailed summaries - more and it will show the simpler listing

Hope that helps

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Toshimi Hatanaka -

I found the setting point and the course listing problem was solved!smile

Thank you for your kind help.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

With '2' - works for me as an AJAX request, so are there any errors on the browser console?  Are you still logged in when you refresh the page?

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

If that is the case then surely this is a BUG that needs fixing, especially if the Info icon is visible?

The fact it is displaying an error because the icon was clicked sounds odd. Surely there is some logic missing in the event handler in the script?

In reply to Mary Evans

by Gareth J Barnard -

Its an old timeout issue that happens just the same as with the set user preference code (I chatted with Tim Hunt ages ago) - the message only appears if developer level debugging is on.

by Toshimi Hatanaka -

My debug messages option  is "NONE: Do not show any errors and warnings".

Is it related to php.ini setting?

by Toshimi Hatanaka -

The different error message was shown on Chrome browser.

I hope this would be a hint to solve this issue.

In reply to Toshimi Hatanaka

by Gareth J Barnard -

Thank you for the information Toshimi.  This is very odd as I've not been able to replicate the error.

It 'smells' to me that you have some content on the page that is breaking the mark-up and thus causing JavaScript to break.  Please could you see if the issue happens in the 'Clean' theme too.

Is the site public on the web?

Are there any errors on the browser's console? (Press F12 and refresh the page).