OK. (Mary C, Ryan, John and all those interested-aiming to get involved)
We reached a point in that thread where a recognisable 5-point plan was identified:
Summary: Poss Five- Point plan
1. The development of moodle hub (s) for sharing courses-as outlined in the thread
2. A new approach, linkages with what is going on out there
3. Hybridity: we know institutions work ina wayand we know communities work ina way....taking the best from both worlds creates a hybrid that can be found in moodle courses...e.g. curriculum mapping from the former...and subjectivity/bespoke-application in the latter, through the use of moodle hubs for sharing courses
4. It appears there is infinite scope for moodle courses within domains, as noted in this thread (English courses), as well as across domains and in terms of scope across a number of learner age-ranges.
5. getting 1-4 right sounds pretty fruitful for moodle
Ryan undertook an initial scoping exercise:
Ryan's scoping results:
links gave by others. and comments. please remember. newbie here. and maybe using wrong search terms.
1.found 3 possibilities. but not much initial hope. "i forgot to keep the pages open for links"
1.selling content, not useful, i did not even find "descriptions" of what product was being sold, as being useful.
1.left column = short less than an hour length to go through
2.miidle column = free, a few hours to go through
3.right column = payment it would seem = 1000's of hours long.
1.holding off from paying for now.
1.some ENGL 100 to 106 if memory serves. just a handful of pdf files. not worth it.
1.did not seem useful. maybe using wrong keywords, and also clicking wrong things. (due to lack of my own knowledge)
1.will come back to. way to much to sift through.
1.not useful, digging through i think i found maybe 2 courses. but all together not even 20 activities/resources combined.
1.filled in registration, but never received an email to finish out the registration process.
2.would be nice to view a few of these courses! the previews were enticing.
1.useful but not enough.
1.nothing seemed useful to me.
1.there was a couple links in 3rd to 7th page. that would not copy/paste or was not clickable.
2.overall good overview, but no content. not what i am looking for.
Next STEPS (suggestions of course)
Ryan, please can you close all tabs except this one when you read this message Now, please can you listen, focus on one thing Ryan....(pulling my ear-lobe here for emphasis) we are using our listening skills Ryan-OK focus-one-thing Ryan.
Great. Given you did the scoping exercise Ryan you now need to let Mary C (the lead on this lovely project) know about what the gaps are.....what now remains to be the items for consideration Ryan?
Bullet-points can be very helpful Ryan....
mirroring your demarcation style Ryan...to keep you engaged
A thought.....you know we have a few projects/ideas and what-not in the pipeline...I am wondering is it a do-able thing to collect views/data at these Moots? Not some boring survey at the end of a session, rather a fun-type quiz (2 minute thing-at the end off sessions-anon of course)....to collect data, we need, to inform the different topics discussed.....because I would like to get my hands on that data surprise surprise!