Problem regarding assessment modification

Problem regarding assessment modification

by Laura Lin -
Number of replies: 0

I am using workshop with a group of the 9th grade students in my mathematics course. Usually I stay in Phase 2 for students to submit their assignments only till all assignments are submitted. Then I switch to Phase 4 for students to assess a number of homework. in this phase, when an assessment is sent out and arrived, the assessed student can view the content of assessment immediately. That is, before the saved assessment is viewed, the student assessor can "edit" the content of his assessment, but if the assessment is viewed, the content can only be viewed instead of editing anymore.

The problem is, sometimes students just do not finish their evaluation yet and save their assessment, or they want to improve their content or modify some part of the saved assessment. They found they can not edit it anymore cause the assessment has been viewed. They come to me and ask me to let them go on editing. However, I don't have the right to do it but can only tell the student assessor: well, if you made some mistakes in your assessment but you can not modify it any more, please just tell that student directly."

Is it possible for the teacher to own the right (to press a button or set up a deadline for assessment)  for students to read their assessment? If so, student assessors will have a period of time to articulate what they've assessed and modify it if necessary.

Cheers,

Laura

Average of ratings: -