Styles of learning

Styles of learning

by Vladimir Sarovic -
Number of replies: 2

Does anyone know if there is a module to do ILS Questionnaire  for Learning Styles in Moodle version 2.8? I would like to make the students take the questionnaire and have the results integrated in the platform.

If there's not can you give me advice how to make this module?

Thanks in advanced for you help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vladimir Sarovic

Re: Styles of learning

by Michael de Raadt -

Hi, Vladimir.

Depending on the survey you want to run, the easiest way is to enable the Feedback module. Some people will say that it is not as comprehensive as the Questionnaire module, but it's a lot easier to enable Feedback than to install another module. The Feedback module also maintained as a standard plugin, so it's been through more testing and quality control.

In relation to learning styles, I would suggest you avoid wasting time getting your students to undertake learning styles tests. While such tests have face value, they are not going to help you improve the educational outcomes for your students. There's an interesting discussion about learning styles in differentiation here...

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=278243

My advice would be to provide resources to your students in the most appropriate modalities, relative to the concepts being taught. Use surveys and other means to improve your resources for future iterations.