errorprocessingresponses - Moodle 2.8.3+

errorprocessingresponses - Moodle 2.8.3+

by Richard Pilbery -
Number of replies: 1

I've set up a course with completion tracking, conditional access and outcomes.  There are a number of quizzes, which have to be passed in order for subsequent content to be accessed.

However, quizzes that contain the Open University quiz types are failing with the following error:

An error occurred while processing your responses (Found more than one record in fetch() !). 
Debug info: 
  • Error code: errorprocessingresponses 
Stack trace: 
  • line 463 of /lib/setuplib.php: moodle_exception thrown 
  • line 182 of /mod/quiz/processattempt.php: call to print_error()

The server logs don't add much apart from stating the database transaction aborted automatically in .../mod/quiz/processattempt.php

After some digging, it appears that the update function in the /lib/grade/grade_object.php file has a call to $this->notify_changed(false) (line 270).  This is a protected function that does not return anything, but it is presumably important somewhere else, since if I comment this out, I don't get the error message above.  However, although conditional access works, the quiz is not marked as completed, so I don't really see this as a good solution.

Interestingly, I cannot replicate this with Moodle 2.7.5+

Other info:

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Pilbery

Re: errorprocessingresponses - Moodle 2.8.3+

by Vijay Anantharajan -

Hi Richard 

I also got the same error after upgrading moodle from 2.8.1 to 2.8.3.

I am unable to submit my Quiz. When the Quiz is submitted the error message "An error occurred while processing your responses (Found more than one record in fetch() !)" is displayed.

It is a major Source stopper for me to continue the site. 

Can any any help me out of this to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance !!!

Attachment Moodle Quiz Error.png