"Export a whole discussion" | how?

Re: "Export a whole discussion" | how?

by Longfei Yu -
Number of replies: 7

I am sorry, there is something wrong with the actual link, I never realized it. Could you please try the below one?

https://bitbucket.org/umasslms/umass-moodle-public/commits/a6eb358c9bf70f22d609ec0db04fef77a66b3d53

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Longfei Yu

by Jaco Viljoen -

Thank you very much, Longfei Yu, now it works!

In reply to Jaco Viljoen

by Longfei Yu -

Great. Let me know how you like this customization. Multiple files are involved, but not terribly complicated.

Longfei

In reply to Longfei Yu

by Kristi Burch -

Longfei,

On a related, but divergent subject...

I'm trying to implement your code changes for the download all files plugin and having difficulties. 

I had to do some tweaks on our system, but managed to get it to show up, however, it seems to be statically pointing to a specific course and a specific assignment, rather than all files in the course in which I was looking.

If you would, could you assist me in making sure your code is working for our site?

Kristi

In reply to Kristi Burch

by Longfei Yu -

Kristi, 

I believe you are talking about "download all instructor files".

Yes, it looks bit odd, but definitely works. I just wanted to minimize the code change and tried to reuse the existing functions for "download assignment submission" in the assignment module. In order to make "/mod/assign/view.php" work properly, I had to specify a random assignment ID (actually it is the minimum assignment ID in your Moodle system. I believe any Moodle system should have at least assignment). The assignment ID is static, but the course ID is definitely dynamic, which is the course you are currently in. 

We use this feature from our 2.5, 2.8, and now on 3.0. This customization also has been used by other institutions successfully. 

I am not sure which Moodle version you are using now, for different version, probably there will be slight difference. Let me know if I can help.

But, anyhow, here is the link for Moodle 3.0: 

https://bitbucket.org/umasslms/umass-moodle-public/commits/03f9aca007ac5026c059326e69f045e183856a5a?at=master

In reply to Longfei Yu

by i an -
Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks for this, I've installed on a  Moodle 3.0.4+ (Build: 20160707) build but it's not finding any files, we get "No files have been found to download from this course. (This tool does not export student submissions, it only exports files added by Teachers and Course Designers.)"

I have had a play with the SQL and can get it to find some files changing various bits so I'm guessing this is probably the reason it's finding nothing, any ideas on what we can change or update in the query?

In reply to i an

by i an -
Picture of Plugin developers

After more testing I've noticed that some courses do work whilst others do not, there seems to be no difference between the courses, the size and content seems to be irrelevant.