Different teachers teaching different sections of the same course

Different teachers teaching different sections of the same course

by Orzu Kamolova -
Number of replies: 8

Hello,

I need to set up my Moodle course in a way, where 5 teachers teach different sections of the same course, however, they can not see or communicate with each other in the course, and the same thing with students. For example: I am a student, I come to the course and I am the only one taking this section of the course and I have one teacher at a time. When  I am done with this spesific section of the course, I move on to another section, but now I deal with different teacher and content. Is it possible to do that in Moodle?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Orzu Kamolova

Re: Different teachers teaching different sections of the same course

by ryan sanders -

search for "mark chaney" he was working on different sections permissions.   everyone same course. but each section had its own permission doings.  he noted he was thinking about making a plugin but i am not sure what has happened.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to ryan sanders

by ryan sanders -

attempted to search for thread, but no luck digging it back up. it was in the last month or so.

his profile page. might try contacting.

https://moodle.org/user/view.php?id=1132945&course=5

In reply to ryan sanders

by Orzu Kamolova -

Thanks,  I will do!

by William Lu -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

It is what the Grouping features in Moodle for.

You add teacher and student into groups and then grouping. 

Then, you set the 'Restrict access' to a specific grouping, done.

HTH

In reply to William Lu

by Orzu Kamolova -

Hi,

In my case, it is really about one - on- one approache, one teacher per student, if I put them into groupings, teachers still can see content of other teachers in their sections, no?

by Francesca Q -

Hi Orzu, maybe removing the capability accessallgroups from Teacher role is the solution to your question. Please read How do I restrict a teacher to view only information about the groups that they are in? in the Groups FAQ. 

In reply to Francesca Q

by Paula Clough -

Francesca's suggestion is good. If these teachers are not going to be changing their sections of the course, you might want to do this change in permissions to non editing teachers role instead of the teachers role. Then assign them the non editing teacher role. They would be able to do grading etc. but not change the course.  This may be helpful to you if you need a different type of course later. 

by ryan sanders -

you might be getting to much "micro management" one to one (student with teacher) ya ok. 

student seeing other students = bad idea, ok i get that.

teachers seeing other information on student = possibly a good thing. 

teachers working together for a given student = possibly a good thing.

teachers are more likely going to need to sign some sort of "form" regardless just so they can be paid. along with that other paper work. other paper work normally some sort of agree / code of ethics, something.

if you are so set on for 1 to 1 (student / teachers)  then you might as well, backup course, and then restore the backup in another course. and have a whole bunch of courses that are 1 to 1.  i want to say "badges" and use of restrict access (completion needs to be turn-ed on)  so as a student finish one course, they get enroled into another course. ((errr scratch that)) i know there is a way to allow for that. but i am not familiar enough with moodle to remember how to do it.