Course Backup - avoid including activity/ resource files?

Course Backup - avoid including activity/ resource files?

by Farhan Karmali -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I am actually trying to use the webservice to import a course into another, however due to the size the import keeps failing.

Is there anyway , I can avoid the backup include the files? probably that would reduce the size? I tried using a site wide repository and made it create an alias/shortcut to the file instead of copying the file. This didnt do the trick though , the backup still has the file

Any other suggestions?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Farhan Karmali

Re: Course Backup - avoid including activity/ resource files?

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi Farhan

See whether you can set up a https://docs.moodle.org/en/File_system_repository and upload your course backups to it without going through Moodle. The possible protocolls are FTP, SFTP, SCP, rsync, Webdav, Samba, ....
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Farhan Karmali -

Hi Visvanath,

I have already set up the File Repository, I uploaded the scorm files using the repository and select create an alias / shortcut to the file instead of create a copy of the file.. So I thought the backup would also have just the link to the file instead of the file itself. But what happens is contrary to this. So am kinda stuck.

In reply to Farhan Karmali

by Farhan Karmali -

I just realized I have this problem only with scorm files. anyone got any suggestions to overcome this?