Problem with 1.5 &/or 1.5.2 installation -- Second Request

Problem with 1.5 &/or 1.5.2 installation -- Second Request

by Don Simmons -
Number of replies: 2
I have tried to install both 1.5 & 1.5.2. In each case I get all the way through the 4th screen of install.php when I get this message:

Fatal error
: Call to undefined function: adonewconnection() in /home/mrsimmo/public_html/moodle/install.php on line 225

The error occurs after the 4th screen of the install script (the screen that shows database type, host, database name, etc.

I compared line 225 of install.php from versions 1.5 & 1.5.2 and they are the same, so I assume the line of code has no problems.

I am no PHP maven, but I have successfully installed several different programs which use PHP and MySQL, so I don't think my host is the problem. However, here are the specs for my host's system:
Apache:    1.3.33 (Unix)
MySQL:     4.0.22-standard
PHP:         4.3.11

I would appreciate any help with this as I would like to have Moodle up and running for this school year which starts in early August.

Many Thanks!

Don Simmons
Missouri City, TX

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Don Simmons

Re: Problem with 1.5 &/or 1.5.2 installation -- Second Request

by Tim Allen -
Hi,

I'm not sure what the problem is.  Some advice from another thread might be helpful.

Also, did you create the database, the user and user password first? 

Just a couple of thoughts,
Tim.
In reply to Don Simmons

Re: Problem with 1.5 &/or 1.5.2 installation -- Second Request

by Bill Burgos -
Hi Don,

I would double check two things. The first is the config.php file. Make sure that there are no extra lines after the closing php tag ?>

The second is that, as Tim linked to, the files may be corrupted. It seems that there is a function call to a library that does not have that function or does not exist. In this case, getting a new zip fie might be necessary.