Flash file shows in play mode on front page of site

Flash file shows in play mode on front page of site

door Steve Dowdall -
Aantal antwoorden: 5

Hi all

I'm extremely new to Moodle and not much of code person.  I'd like a flash intro to be dispayed in the top centre of the front page when the site is visited.  I can get the file to be visible but only as a link that needs to be activated.

Can anyone help please.

Steve Dowdall

Gemiddelde van de beoordelingen:  -
Als antwoord op Steve Dowdall

Re: Flash file shows in play mode on front page of site

door Helen Foster -
Foto van Core developers Foto van Documentation writers Foto van Moodle HQ Foto van Particularly helpful Moodlers Foto van Plugin developers Foto van Testers Foto van Translators
Hi Steve and welcome to Moodle! smile

Sorry, I'm not quite clear what you mean. Please could you provide more details, such as the code you're using.
Als antwoord op Helen Foster

door Tim Allen -
Hi,

I think Steve is wanting to embed a flash file in the page.

Steve, the multimedia plug in should do this for you automatically. Just enable it at configuration --> filters and then it should convert the link (to a .swf file) to an embedded flash file.

Hope this helps, glimlach
Tim.
Als antwoord op Tim Allen

door Steve Dowdall -

Hi

I'm trying for eye candy for want of better phrase.  When you reach the front page for our site I thought it would be nice if I could have a flash file playing in the centre, not a link which needs to activated.

This is great I've never posted questions before ~ super fast responses.

Many thanks.

Steve

Als antwoord op Steve Dowdall

door Nicolas Galante -

hello here,

I have the same problem with the HTML Block in the Home page of Moodle.

I would like to put a flash movie directly played in the block, but it doesn't work...

Could somebody help me ?

thank's

Nicolas

Als antwoord op Nicolas Galante

door Helen Foster -
Foto van Core developers Foto van Documentation writers Foto van Moodle HQ Foto van Particularly helpful Moodlers Foto van Plugin developers Foto van Testers Foto van Translators
Hi Nicolas,

To include a flash movie in an HTML block you need to upload the movie to your site files folder and link to it from the HTML block, either with code (please check the reply Size of Embedded Flash) or, as Tim suggests, by using the multimedia plugin filter.