Drag and Drop questions drop zone problems

Drag and Drop questions drop zone problems

Cam Kinoshita - මගින්
Number of replies: 6

Has anyone had this issue? Periodically portions of the drop zone boxes disappear when the quiz is attempted on an iPad. The problem is inconsistent. We are using Moodle 2.7. 

ශ්‍රේණිගත කිරීම්වල සාමාන්යය: -
In reply to Cam Kinoshita

Re: Drag and Drop questions drop zone problems

john Simpson - මගින්

We,ve just been discussing drag 'n' drop on another thread

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=280869#p1207480

This might be a different issue, but try the alternative plugins on the link above.

This might have something to to with what themes you are using. go to admin-appearance- themes and browse through the themes that are suitable for all size of screens, such as laptops, ipads, and interractive phones. In other words will the theme shrink and enlarge as to what size of screen you are using.

In reply to john Simpson

Cam Kinoshita - මගින්

Thanks for you response. I will check out Hot Potatoe. I am using the Essential theme and it is responsive to different devices. The malfunction regarding the drag zone boxes is inconsistent, which is odd to me.

Tim Hunt - මගින්
Core developers ගේ පින්තුරය Documentation writers ගේ පින්තුරය Particularly helpful Moodlers ගේ පින්තුරය Peer reviewers ගේ පින්තුරය Plugin developers ගේ පින්තුරය

I have not seen that, but then I have not often attempted these questions on an iPad. Does it depend on the zoom level?

In reply to Tim Hunt

Cam Kinoshita - මගින්

No it doesn't seem to. I am trying to create questions regarding diagrams, would you have other recommendations? 

Tim Hunt - මගින්
Core developers ගේ පින්තුරය Documentation writers ගේ පින්තුරය Particularly helpful Moodlers ගේ පින්තුරය Peer reviewers ගේ පින්තුරය Plugin developers ගේ පින්තුරය

Not at the moment. There is a task hovering around the top of our todo-list to make sure these question types work well on all mobile devices. Until now the only problems I was aware of were on Android devices, but I will test again on iPad.

Would it be possible for you to send me a copy of this exact question? (You would need to move it into a category on its own, then export that category as Moodle XML format, then email it to me using the email address in my profile.) It would be helpful if I could test the exact question that is not working for you.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Tim Hunt - මගින්

I have now tried on an iPad, and I cannot make this happen. For me, no matter what the zoom level is, all the drop boxes alwasy have solid outlines.

Are you using the latest version of this question type? Which version of Moodle? Which model of iPad, and which version of iOS? etc.