How to design a question with calculated results

How to design a question with calculated results

by Marie CICHOCKI -
Number of replies: 3

Hello all,

I am using Moodle 2.8.1.

I would like to design a quiz in the following way. Each question is answered using two scales, one about Frequency, the other Seriousness.

Here an example of such question:

Questions: Do you often get interrupted by phone calls?

1) Grade the frequency from 1 to 7 (1=very rarely - 7=all the time)

2) Grade the seriousness from 1 to 7 (1=not serious - 7= very serious)

Then the answer to 1) is multiplied to the answer to 2) for example if I replied on the scale from 1 to 7 as follows:

1) 5

2) 3

I will get 3 x 5 = 15; 15 is the mark for this question.

I have about 26 questions in total, then I need to sum all the marks, but it's no big deal, Moodle will do it for me ;)

In the end I need to order the 5 top marks from top to bottom.

Does anyone know if this  is feasible with Moodle or a Moodle plugin?

Thanks and regards,

Marie

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marie CICHOCKI

Re: How to design a question with calculated results

by john Simpson -

Would this be a quiz? Or some sort of market research or survey? Why I ask is because there is no correct answer to such questions, and there  might be an alternative qustionaire, such as a survey.

I know it's only an example, but would the questions such as above be in English?

In reply to john Simpson

by Marie CICHOCKI -

Hello and thanks for the reply.

This would be a quiz. If I use a Moodle survey there is no calculation possibility from what I understand. I also tried cloze questions but I could not  figure out how to calculate the multiplication.

The questions are in French originally. Sorry for my translation ;)

Any idea?

In reply to Marie CICHOCKI

by john Simpson -

I have seen posts where calculations are required on quizes, and on these posts there were recommendations. I have also seen by searching the plugins there were special quiz softwares for maths and calculations, so perhaps give it a search.

Hopefully you will get advise from a maths teacher who has used such software soon. I've used cloze questions, but I didn't need calculations. But basicly you put your calculations or word between { } to use cloze

Perhaps a tutorial from youtube?