Left over from a previous Poodll version?

Left over from a previous Poodll version?

by Andy Chaplin -
Number of replies: 5

I discovered the following entries in my Plugins Overview

and

The first one is clearly from Poodll, and I suspect that the second one is too.  Can anyone advise me what is going on here?  The videofile has an uninstall option, but the poodllonline doesn't (and I wouldn't want to uninstall poodll anyway!)

Can I, or should I uninstall these?  If so, how? (in the case of the poodllonline plugin)

Thanks for any suggestions.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andy Chaplin

Re: Left over from a previous Poodll version?

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Andy,

You did not mention your Moodle version which could make a difference. If you are using Moodle 2.7 or higher it is okay to uninstall both items.

You are right, the first one is from PoodLL but it is for the OLD assignment 2.2 activity type and not the newer assign activity. It was for Moodle 2.6 and below. Go here for more info: https://moodle.org/plugins/view/assignment_poodllonline

The second one is also for an older Moodle version 2.4. Go here for more info: https://moodle.org/plugins/view/mod_videofile

HTH,

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by Andy Chaplin -

HI Al,

I forgot to say I'm using 2.8.2

Thanks for your help.

In reply to Andy Chaplin

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Andy,

With Moodle 2.8x you then should be using this PoodLL located here. You might also consider using Feedback PoodLL and the PoodLL Anywhere available for both TInyMCE and ATTO. There is also a PoodLL datafield for the database activity and a PoodLL recording question type for quizzes.

The other item, videofile, you can probably do without due to all the capability provided by the various parts of PoodLL. But, if you really need the capabilities that it provided via the use of Video.js, then I would also install the Generico filter. One of the examples Justin Hunt has provided shows how to set it up to show videos using Video.js. The directions are located here.

HTH,

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Everything Al has said is correct. 

Just to add to that, the old PoodLLOnline assignment 2.2 is reported as missing from disk. Hopefully if that is the case, you have no instances of the assignment with poodllonline still on the course. Presumably the old assignment type is no longer enabled on the site either.

Actually there is no technical issue that I am aware of, so you could just leave things as they are.  But to remove the message, I think you would need to run some sql to remove any traces of it from the database. 

The other way is to put it all back and then uninstall it. See the assignment section on this page for information on that. https://docs.moodle.org/28/en/Upgrading

In reply to AL Rachels

by Andy Chaplin -

I've got the new version installed and everything's fine.  I guess I did something wrong during an update, but as nothing stopped working I didn't notice it.

Thanks for the tip about the generico filter.  It's on my list of things to do as it was already suggested as a solution for another issue I'm trying to solve.