Each attempt build on last

Each attempt build on last

by Milfren John dela Vega -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

Is there a way to have students take a quiz (essay) to correct previously wrong answers and bring down their grades that is correct so that the instructor/teacher won't have so much time grading each question?

I know php language a bit and I've been trying to work this out for almost 3 months yet I cannot still get this done. I have also tried the question behavior on the quiz settings but I haven't found the answer yet.

Hope I can get the solution from this. It could save a bunch of time. Thank you so much!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Milfren John dela Vega

Re: Each attempt build on last

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

If it wasn't an essay question, you could use interactive with multiple tries which has the desired behavior. 

But if these are essay questions, only the teachers can know if they are correctly answered or not...If you use multiple tries and let each attempt build on the last, that might work.  The teachers just would ignore the questions that they had given full points for...

I presume that you are wanting to Moodle to only let them repeat the questions that they have not received 100% on?   I imagine that would take some extensive coding.