blank index page and Exception - Unknown type error after upgrading to moodle 2.8

blank index page and Exception - Unknown type error after upgrading to moodle 2.8

by scott braithwaite -
Number of replies: 1
Hi after upgrading to moodle 2.8 I am having some issues managed to get all the plugins into moodle with out any issues, have our custom login page working fine also no issues, however after installing the theme I am now getting 2 major problems

firstly I am getting a blank index page with no errors displayed on the site, I have debugging turned on and messages to be output.

Secondly if I hard code url for different pages I am getting an error message Exception - Unknown type.

The theme I am using is Decaf and have read that this could be the cause of the problem but could I ask if anyone else has come across anything similar, or can anyone offer any help please to try to resolve either of these 2 issues.

Thanks in advance smile .

Scott

Average of ratings: -
In reply to scott braithwaite

Re: blank index page and Exception - Unknown type error after upgrading to moodle 2.8

by scott braithwaite -

I have changed the theme which has allowed me to eliminate both features and am upgrading to the new decaf theme and will add my custom code to this theme and hopefully will be all sorted.  But if anyone else gets similar errors it could be due to a problem with the decaf theme or other custom theme.

Thanks

Scott

Average of ratings: Useful (1)