Office 365 plugin & Shibboleth

Office 365 plugin & Shibboleth

by Carol Hampton -
Number of replies: 2

I'm a bit new to all this authentication stuff, please bear with me.

We would like to add the O365 plugin so our students are able to upload files etc from their Onedrive account.

We use shibboleth to login into Moodle and ADFS for O365.

When reading the installation notes for installing O365 into moodle it mentions about AD azure and OpenID for authentication, if we are already using shibboleth and ADFS for authentication surely we wouldn't need to use either of the others for authentication.  We don't want to add more authentications into our systems but I am concerned it may mess all the logins up if we don't and nobody will be able to access moodle or O365.

Here are the notes I have been following: https://msopentech.com/wp-content/uploads/Office-365-plugins-for-Moodle-documentation.pdf

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

Carol

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carol Hampton

Re: Office 365 plugin & Shibboleth

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Carol -

The current version requires all users who want to use the O365 integrations to login via AAD using the OpenID Connect authentication plug-in. You can connect your existing users to the O365 authentication, but this will switch their authentication method to OpenID Connect.

We are working on new features currently that will simplify the entire process, and allow users to maintain the existing authentication methods they are using, while connecting their account to the O365 system. These should be ready in 3-6 weeks.

mike

In reply to Mike Churchward

Re: Office 365 plugin & Shibboleth

by Carol Hampton -

Hi Mike,

Please could you clarify what you mean by simplifying the entire process?  And are you any closer to having a solution.

We are in a position where we are exploring solutions to be able to have this functionality in the new academic year.

Thanks Carol