Section Summary won't save changes!

Section Summary won't save changes!

by Nathan Robert -
Number of replies: 5

When I try to edit the section summary of any course section/topic, everything seems to work fine and there are no errors. However after clicking Save Changes the page goes back to the cource section and nothing has changed!! ..it's still how it was, I click on the Edit Summary icon again and the old text/html is back there and none of what I typed was saved.

It's really strange and right now I'm pretty clueless as to why this is happening.
I'm even able to edit the Section Name, but the Summary just won't change.

Any ideas???.. sad

Moodle (2.6.3+)

Screenshot of Section Summary edit page

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nathan Robert

Re: Section Summary won't save changes!

by Nathan Robert -

How troubling. I still can't find any cause or solution.

In reply to Nathan Robert

by Steven Swanson -

Can you put debugging on and see if it comes up with anything? Did you sorry refreshing the browser after saving changes?

In reply to Steven Swanson

by Alec Harvey -

Any solutions for this? I have the same issue, running moodle 2.9 gourmet theme. I've set up many moodle instances before, never had this issue. Developer debugging on and showing no errors.

In reply to Alec Harvey

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Is it a topic section summary on  your course page? You say you are using a contributed theme - does the summary save with standard Clean or More themes?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Alec Harvey -

If I try to save on any topic section summary within a course, it just flicks me back to the moodle frontpage without saving any changes, some thing happens when trying to add any sort of activity. If I switch the theme to Clean, everything seems to work fine.