How can I restrict access to badges by questionnaire feedback sections

How can I restrict access to badges by questionnaire feedback sections

by David Jenkinson -
Number of replies: 1

Is it possible to only offer a badge depending on the feedback section percentage in a questionnaire results?

Background to what I'm looking for:

I have created a learning styles questionnaire (Honey and Mumford) which has been configured with four feedback sections. This calculates response percentages against each of the learning styles [Activist; Reflector; Theorist; Pragmatist].

I would like to offer badges for each learning style based on their level of preference [Low; Moderate; Strong; Very Strong]. This will require a set of 16 badges (4 for each learning style) and upon completion of the questionnaire only the four badges relating to the response percentages would be made visible for download by the student.

Up to now I have:

• Under Site Administration > Advanced features - Ticked the boxes against 'Enable completion tracking' and 'Enable conditional access'.
  • Under Course settings - Completion tracking select Yes against 'Enable completion tracking'.
  • Under Course administration > Course completion . Condition: Activity completion - Ticked box against 'Questionnaire - Learning Style Questionnaire'. 
  • Created the required 16 badges using www,openbadges.me/designer.html.
Then I tried to created a hidden label containing a single badge image in the hope I could restrict access and only display the right badge for the feedback section results percentage.

I set the Visibility = Hide and looked at Restrict access to set a response percentage range. But this only offers access restrictions against Grade.

All help welcome...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Jenkinson

Re: How can I restrict access to badges by questionnaire feedback sections

by David Jenkinson -

UPDATE:

By creating four custom profile fields I have managed to display the correct set of four learning style preference images. However this is dependent on the percentage value being manually entered into a specific custom profile field (see screenshots).

Image 1 - Configure each labels' restricted access (access restriction section), so the hidden image will only be displayed if the right percentage value is entered in the respondents user profile custom profile field.

Image 2 - Administrator to manually select the section feedback percentage value for a respondent user account custom profile field.

Image 3 - Only those labels that have the correct preference percentage will now be displayed to the respondent.

Image 1  Image 2   Image 3

This process is workable in the short term, but requires the respondent to revisit this questionnaire to view the images after the Administrator has updated the custom profile fields.

Does anyone know how I may eliminate the manual intervention, so these images are automatically displayed to the respondent straight after they complete the questionnaire?

Is there a way to automatically populate the custom profile fields upon submission of the questionnaire by the respondent?

Or does anyone know how I may configure a Badge to be issued based on a questionnaire feedback section results percentage?

All help welcome...