Block on New Courses

Block on New Courses

Luis Herrera Noguera - દ્વારા
Number of replies: 12

Hi everyone, I have a doubt, I need to create a new course that appears with the bock of Clock, Accesability, Administration and Mail in a left colum and Calendar in a right colum.

I am using Moodle 2.5.

Thanks a lot

In reply to Luis Herrera Noguera

Re: Block on New Courses

Emma Richardson - દ્વારા
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

To set new blocks as default is actually found in your site's config.php file.

https://docs.moodle.org/28/en/Block_layout

In reply to Emma Richardson

Thanks Emma, I already have done that, however, I can not look any change. I have modified the config file and later when I load a new course appears the following label: "Could not find mods! Moodle"; besides, I can not add any activity from the edition mode.

Emma Richardson - દ્વારા
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I would guess that you have a mistake in your config file.  Make sure you follow these instructions - one stray comma or semi colon will create chaos!!

https://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Block_layout

Emma Richardson - દ્વારા

Can you copy and paste the line from config.php that you added and the exact error code that you are getting...

Sure, I have tried this without sucess:

//$CFG->defaultblocks_override = 'accessibility,jmail:calendar_month';

//$CFG->defaultblocks = 'accessibility,jmail,calendar_month';

//$CFG->defaultblocks_topics =  'accessibility,jmail:calendar_month';

Gareth J Barnard - દ્વારા
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You have to remove the two forward slashes - '//' - as they are the comment symbols in PHP.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Thanks Gareth, it's just a representative example, I know are comments...

Emma Richardson - દ્વારા

And the full error message when you try to create a new course?  With debugging turned on?

Indeed, I have done a test adding a new course with the blocks of accessibility,jmail, calendar_month and I could create a new course with those defaults blocks and any message error appers. However, I dont have enabled the label "add activity" when I activate the Edition mode ON.