Missing course reports in Navigation block

Missing course reports in Navigation block

door Rizwan Ghani -
Aantal antwoorden: 4

We have upgraded our moodle site from 2.4 to 2.8. Everything went  fine. 

But only one problem which we have is that:

In moodle 2.4 if a (teacher, teacher without editing or manager) logs in and select a course then in the navigation block under the participants there was a link reports. That is now missing in moodle 2.8. We have checked all the settings (general course settings, Theme settings, course specific settings, reports settings etc.) but without success. Please see the attachment.

We are hoping to get some help here.

Thanks in advance.   

Bijlage moodle.png
Gemiddelde van de beoordelingen:  -
Als antwoord op Rizwan Ghani

Re: Missing course reports in Navigation block

door Helen Foster -
Foto van Heel behulpzame Moodlers Foto van Hoofdontwikkelaars Foto van Moodle HQ Foto van Vertalers
Instellingen blok

Hello,

In Moodle 2.5 onwards, the reports links were moved to the Administration (Instellingen) block.

Als antwoord op Helen Foster

door Rizwan Ghani -

Hello Helen,

Thanks for your answer. But how can i able this link for roles "Teacher, Teacher without editing, manager"? 

Als antwoord op Rizwan Ghani

door Helen Foster -
Foto van Heel behulpzame Moodlers Foto van Hoofdontwikkelaars Foto van Moodle HQ Foto van Vertalers

Teachers, non-editing teachers and managers should all be able to see the reports links. If not, it's because the permissions for these roles have been changed. Perhaps you can check that report/log:view, report/loglive:view, report/outline:view and report/participation:view are all set to allow. Alternatively you could reset the roles back to their default permissions. Please see the documentation Managing roles for more information.

Als antwoord op Helen Foster

door Rizwan Ghani -

Thank you Helen for the prompt answer. I have checked role you are right alle the log reports are permitted but i think i have to give permissions to the block because the blok Administration is not there for these roles. Is that right? Am i thinking in the right way?