Slider in Aardvark

Slider in Aardvark

by Tonatiuh Flores Castelán -
Number of replies: 4

Hello community.

I'm new urser in Moodle.

I would like to know how do to include a slider images in the theme Aardvark?

Thanks for your answers

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tonatiuh Flores Castelán

Re: Slider in Aardvark

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

This would largely depend on the version of Moodle you are using?

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Tonatiuh Flores Castelán -

Thanks Mary,

The version of Moodle version I use is the 2.8.2.

I found the following tutorial does not work me..

https://gshaw0.wordpress.com/2012/05/15/how-to-add-an-image-rotator-in-moodle-2-2/

Cheers.

Tona!

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

OK...well the components are freely available to download and copy, so I'll send you a link that explains how to add the Bootstrap Carousel to a webpage. From there you will need to know how to ADD jQuery to your theme if it is not already added, and the rest is pretty straight forward. 

Cheers

Mary

Check your messages!

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Aardvark does not have an image slider built in, so it is not possible to do it immediately through settings. There are a few options -

• Take a look at how the slider has been added in another theme (such as Essential)
  • Take a look at Mary's post here about adding code into the Moodle editor to give you a carousel in a bootstrap theme (such as Aardvark)
  • Take a look at the code in http://getbootstrap.com/examples/carousel/ ; - everything is much simpler (although much less portable/customisable) if you can add the images, css, etc direct into your theme for your site or somewhere known and you don't have to worry about settings pages because you can just code things direct in
  • Use the Slideshow plugin (not sure if this now works on bootstrap based themes though?)