Allow non-enrolled students to make a choice

Allow non-enrolled students to make a choice

by John Provasnik -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi. We have created a "choice" activity at the end of our Resource page (a resource "course") that asks students to tell us if page has been helpful. We have opened this Resource up to all authenticated users so we don't have actually enroll anyone in it. However, the Choice activity seems to only work for "enrolled" users, even though we set all Make Choice and View Choice permissions to allow authenticated users.

Is there a permission I am missing to make the Choice module work for authenticated users that are not enrolled in the course. I haven't tried the feedback module yet, but I through a simple choice activity would suffice.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Provasnik

Re: Allow non-enrolled students to make a choice

by Jason Lonon -

Did you ever get and answer to this?

I've set up a choice with some embedded Scratch programs in them and asked all system users to vote on their favorite - but because they are not enrolled in the Computer Programming course, they are not allowed to cast a vote. I have changed all the permissions, and if you check a users permission it says they are 'allowed' to record a choice - but when they go to the page - no go.

In reply to Jason Lonon

Re: Allow non-enrolled students to make a choice

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I believe it is specifically designed for enrolled users only.

What I ended up dong was adding the choice activity directly to my Moodle Home Page -- that's where it allows everyone to participate.