Customisable Registration forms

Customisable Registration forms

by John Papworth -
Number of replies: 1

Hello

Is there an easy way of creating a customisable registration form for users - say who may work in different companies or countries, maybe using custom fields?

TIA

John

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Papworth

Re: Customisable Registration forms

by Hal MacLean -

Hi John  - not as far as I'm aware - I needed this a while ago and in the end opted for a third party membership management tool, which does this with consummate ease.

There are several commercial solutions out there, at varying price points. I use 'aMember', which does all I need and a lot more besides.

I'm not on a commission form them, or anything like that, but have really been impressed with what the system does. It takes a bit of thinking about to set it up, but ultimately all of your Moodle courses become 'products' in what is apparently a 'shop'. You protect the products with registration forms and you can have as many forms as you need all pointing at the same 'product'. You can add various fields and so on... it's up to you. 

You end up with a whole new member management system - it sits 'beside' Moodle and integrates with it, but is not like a Moodle plugin or block that becomes part of Moodle - it will give you an 'admin' login for member management tools, which is not your log in to Moodle, and which replaces the membership tools in Moodle itself. If you can live with this kind of arrangement, you can do all you need.