MSSQL With Moodle

MSSQL With Moodle

by Sara MAhmoud -
Number of replies: 6

Hi ,

I'm trying to install moodle 2.8+ , but the MSSQL is in the List f the not available driver

i have Sql2008 created users and empty database for moodle have PHP and Also Handler for IIS and SQl

also i updated the php.ini with the ext:  php_sqlsrv_53_nts_vc9.dll

i have PHP 5.6 for IIS Express

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sara MAhmoud

Re: MSSQL With Moodle

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

What does "the MSSQL is in the List f the not available driver" mean?

Have you read Using_the_Microsoft_SQL_Server_Driver_for_PHP?

In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by Sara MAhmoud -

yes I did and I followed the steps

Kindly check the attachment for clarification

Attachment Screenshot.png
In reply to Sara MAhmoud

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

Then the problem is in your php.ini file.

Run PHPInfo() and see if the output contains a section for MSSQL and/or SQLSRV. If it doesn't then your PHP setup hasn't loaded the MSSQL and/or SQLSRV drivers, meaning that there's something wrong with the PHP config.

by Sara MAhmoud -

Yes I did I got only this when I searched for MSSQL

Configure Command cscript /nologo configure.js "--enable-snapshot-build" "--enable-debug-pack" "--disable-zts" "--disable-isapi" "--disable-nsapi" "--without-mssql" "--without-pdo-mssql" "--without-pi3web" "--with-pdo-oci=c:\php-sdk\oracle\x86\instantclient_12_1\sdk,shared" "--with-oci8-12c=c:\php-sdk\oracle\x86\instantclient_12_1\sdk,shared" "--with-enchant=shared" "--enable-object-out-dir=../obj/" "--enable-com-dotnet=shared" "--with-mcrypt=static" "--without-analyzer" "--with-pgo"
In reply to Sara MAhmoud

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

I'm not sure what "IIS Express" is, but when setting up Moodle you really shouldn't use the "Express" version of any Microsoft product. It's just asking for trouble - you'll quickly hit the limits of those "Express" versions. (Unless you're just setting up a small localhost test site on your pc or laptop...)

by Sara MAhmoud -

i changed the machine and followed the steps and it works fine

Thanks ,