Include Field data in Notifications

Include Field data in Notifications

by Roger Mepham -
Number of replies: 4

Hi

First off Dataform is fantastic! I'm using it for a Course Booking System to collect information.

Email notifications are sent out but it would be great to be able to include some field data in the email.

Is there a way to add certain fields to the information contained in the notification email?

Many Thanks

Roger

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Roger Mepham

Re: Include Field data in Notifications

by Itamar Tzadok -

Very soon. The notification rule has been enhanced to allow specifying a view from the activity for the notification message. It also allows specifying entry filter. So the notification can be applied to particular entries in at leaset two ways and it's content can be as flexible as a Dataform view is. I've actually completed the development more than 3 months ago but just couldn't make time to complete the testing and release. Hoping to be able to do that soon. smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Roger Mepham -

Brilliant, thanks.

Will be fantastic when available.

smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Frankie Kam -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Itamar

I am 110% rooting for this feature to be available.

I am using Dataform as a Document Management System. Two of the fields are a File Upload (file field) and a Version Number (text field). Last week, a user asked me this question, "Does this mean that I have to login to Moodle every time to check for latest version?". My answer was "yes", because at present, a Dataform notification message does not include a field value. At present, the user can know that a row was added or modified, but not in detail.

So, I am trying to find a way to assist my users to know exactly what update was done on which file (i.e., which document in the Tabular View). The enhance notification rule will definitely be a good solution.

Cheers.
Frankie Kam