losing theme(features)

losing theme(features)

by Michael Lam -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all,

I setup moodle 2.8.3 on Centos7 with LEMP.

Right after I finished installation process, it comes up with a page for creating user.

All the function work fine, beside it's plain text without any feature( maybe the moodle does not have access to the css js file?)

can you guys give me a hand to fix it?

Thanks.

Attachment moodle.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Lam

Re: losing theme(features)

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

Go to Site administration / Appearance / Themes / Theme (http://yoursite.com/theme/index.php) and click the Clear theme caches button. Does that "fix" the display?

If not, check your Moodledata permissions.

If those are ok then go to Site administration / Server / HTTP and turn off the Use slash arguments option. (NOTE that turning this option off might break scorm activities in your courses, so it's a workaround, not a real solution. And there's talk of removing that slash arguments option, so don't rely on it too much).

If that still doesn't help then have a look at the links listed in MDL-47645 for other things you can try.

In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by Michael Lam -

Thanks for your reply!

I removed the sladh arguments check, and it works...

I'll look further in the slash.

anyway, thanks a lot.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Michael Lam

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

That's great. However I REALLY recommend that you try and find the real cause of that problem that you were having with the theme. Just turning that slasharguments option off is not a real solution, it's a temporary "workaround". Especially since the Moodle developers are considering removing that "Use slash arguments" option from the Moodle Admin settings and forcing it to be on by default.

See Requiring slasharguments in Moodle 2.9 - will anybody be seriously affected? and MDL-49114.

Please share the solution here once you've found the real cause of the problem! Thanks.