Australia will be in the Eurovision Song Contest for some reason

Australia will be in the Eurovision Song Contest for some reason

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Glad I was sitting down when I saw this: http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/australia-will-be-in-the-eurovision-song-contest-for-some-reason--l1U4IkF4nx

There are some very strange things that happen on this planet!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Australia will be in the Eurovision Song Contest for some reason

by Derek Chirnside -

What is the meaning of a word?

There has been debate recently in New Zealand about what "European" means on demographic data on forms.

Apparently if you come from Australia, Canada or the US and not of maori descent, or from various other ethnic origins: you are supposed to put "European".  smile

But you should know Gareth, it's all about Politics and money.  Maybe more Aussies will spend money on things and advertising will sell more during the competition if there are Aussies there.

-Derek

In reply to Derek Chirnside

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Well I always wondered how come Israel is in the Eurovision song contest (definitely politics) but it did make me smile about Australia - and I never knew that about "European" - so lots of you are Europeans then smile

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Mauno Korpelainen -

It was predictable already last year

and

http://www.eurovision.tv/tag/expand/Australia

Average of ratings: Cool (1)
In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

by dawn alderson -

Hi,

I have never heard of this Euro-vision....catching up...will look at the videos.

Is it about vision? Seeing....how we see something....is it about Visionaries?  And do you have to pay to get in to this conference?  I am assuming we need to pay by Euros-right?

OK, I will investigate...because that is what I do...I investigate....I am wondering also...if those videos and the whole thing would be a good prop for a lesson plan....and I think if we are testing vision...I would probably go for the multi-choice quiz type....the essay type would attract too much shite!

cheers,

Dawn