How do I remove old Attempts when students are no longer enrolled?

How do I remove old Attempts when students are no longer enrolled?

by Rob Monk -
Number of replies: 3

af

We have just upgraded to 2.8. I did reset the course but each quiz in the course still has Attempts and Statistics from previous users. I don't want them as they are preventing me from editing the quiz questions. Is there some way to reset the quizzes so I can edit the questions.

I can't reset the course because students have already enrolled and submitted work.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rob Monk

Re: How do I remove old Attempts when students are no longer enrolled?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Change the 'Attempts from' setting at the top to 'all attempts'. Then you should be able to see and delete the other attempts.

I don't know why course reset did not delete them.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Rob Monk -

Most strange that a Tim fix does not work.

I tried this and I still cannot delete old attempts.

aa

In reply to Rob Monk

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

In that case you may have hit bug MDL-35111 quiz attempts made by a deleted user cannot be deleted. Which is a problem because the one time I tried to fix that, it got rejected. I guess I need to try again.