User override functionality with SCORM package

User override functionality with SCORM package

by Chris Barrington-Brown -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

We have a requirement that certain quizzes have a restriction on the number of allowed attempts and if additional attempts are required they need to be monitored.  Using user overrides for moodle quizzes is perfect, but the functionality isn't there for SCORM quizzes.

Is there any way to get the same functionality with a SCORM quiz?  We need to be able to allow additional attempts on a user by user basis and only allow one extra attempt at a time.

Thanks,
Chris.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Barrington-Brown

Re: User override functionality with SCORM package

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Chris, 

As you are aware that isn't currently possible within SCORM and would require some development.

If you don't have the internal development resources to complete this but could fund the effort required you could post on http://moodle.org/jobs or contact a Moodle Partner to help you modify Moodle to do this. I'm happy to review any patches for inclusion in the core release if you get someone else to do this and they follow correct Moodle coding guidelines.

(Disclosure: I work for the Moodle Partner Catalyst IT)

In reply to Dan Marsden

Re: User override functionality with SCORM package

by Chris Barrington-Brown -

Thanks Dan,

I suspected it was a long shot.  The organisation I work for has outsourced the hosting of Moodle and we have a 3rd party acting as intermediary between us and the hosts, so it's a black box as far as any development goes.

I was thinking there might be a way to have a duplicate SCORM package and only allow access to it on a user by user basis, but again I wouldn't be able to restrict the number of attempts they have for that additional package.

Appreciate the help.

Cheers,
Chris.