2.6 to 2.8 CAS_sso problem

2.6 to 2.8 CAS_sso problem

by Simon Bryan -
Number of replies: 5

Hi all

I am attempting to upgrade my 2.6 version to 2.8 on anew server and get it running under Git updates. One major reason for the change of server is that the OS on the old one does not support the latest version of MySQL.

Anyway I am nearly there, have been copying in our added modules/plugins etc to the new 2.8 setup. However I am stuck on one. Right at the bottom of the list of plugins checked I have the heading 'Local Pluigins' and listed as missing from the disk is CAS-sso. If i tell the process to continue I get the following message and I am unsure where to go from here? Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Simon

CAS server (SSO)/auth/casStandard20131105002014111000
  • Moodle 2014110400
  • auth_ldap (2014110400)
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Simon Bryan

Re: 2.6 to 2.8 CAS_sso problem

by Simon Bryan -

Thought I found it solved it I had missed the LDAP folder in 'local' 

Don't get the error at the end of the plugin check now but still get the error above

In reply to Simon Bryan

by Simon Bryan -

Could not work out what was causing this so removed the Cas module from the Auth folder and the upgrade seems to have then gone smoothly. Once happy with the upgrade we can look at putting the module back, never had it working properly anyway.

In reply to Simon Bryan

by Simon Bryan -

Really need some help on this one. Anytime I put the CAS folder back into auth it triggers an update which fails with the original message.

While not having it there does not seem to be causing any problems or generating errors in any of the logs on the system (CENTOS) it seems running a risk to be running without a standard module installed, if a future update drops it in then the system will be effectively off-line and we do use ldap for authentication against our AD

In reply to Simon Bryan

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Since you've migrated, wonder if you have all the PHP supports, etc. need for your plugin.

In a stock 2.8 moodlecode/auth/cas/CAS/CAS/ directory there is a moodle_readme.txt file which contains the following:

Description of phpCAS 1.3.3 library import

* downloaded from http://downloads.jasig.org/cas-clients/php/current/

merrill

There is also a thirdpartylibs.xml file which contains:

<license>BSD</license>
    <version>1.3.3</version>

A 'ldap' directory in moodledata/local/ isn't 'normal' and might be related to CAS_sso which is what?   An addon?   Is the CAS_sso addon (assuming it is an addon) compat with 2.8?

Did you copy mod/blocks/addons from the 2.6 to the 2.8 code OR did you move them?

If moved, are they in the correct locations?   Are their ownerships/persmissions set correctly?

'spirit of thinkering', Ken

In reply to Simon Bryan

by Simon Bryan -

Feel like I am on a one man forum here!  smile

Finally realised that the plugin checker was telling me that auth_ldap was out of date, in doing my migration I must have managed to copy over the auth/ldap folder from 2.6 and Git was not updating it!

Have replaced the auth/ldap with the latest version and all is good.

Thought i would post the answer in case others come later