About Airnotifier App Name

Re: About Airnotifier App Name

by Juan Leyva -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Gianvito,

not yet, we'll inform you

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by nish dahan -

Hi Juan,

I know this thread is from last year, but just wondering any updates on this, on supporting notifications (ios) for custom apps, as you had mentioned here. If not, is it still in the pipeline, i.e., roughly when?

Thanks

Nish

In reply to nish dahan

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi nish,

we'll be opening our Airnotifier instance only to branded apps using our service described here: https://moodle.com/mobileapp/

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by nish dahan -

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your response. I noticed that Moodle HQ has just started promoting the branded app program further.

Although we have already spent some time to create a custom app with own airnotifier, moving forward, we may opt for this option and would like to have some further information if you can kindly help on the below:

-        Does HQ also provide with other customizations on the branded app, i.e., changing/adding menu items and style sheets? If no, does it have to be done via the Moodle partner? And if so would HQ still maintain the code including the custom code? Also, what would be the scenario for maintenance etc., in case, if we, at our end, have our own custom code that we would like to go through the branded app option?

-        The Branded app product description says Moodle HQ will charge $10k initially and $5k afterwards annually for the service. Does that mean the Moodle partner’s cost comes free or we need to get a separate quote from them for that?

-        With what I have read, Apple emphasises to go for the Apple Developer Enterprise Program ‘to create proprietary apps designed and distributed exclusively to your organisation's employees’? In case, if there is a legal requirement on this from Apple, could we assume, that this is all covered through the Moodle HQ /Apple contract, as ours is an app to be used exclusively by the organisation’s community, i.e., staff, students, parents; (can be downloadable for anyone but access restricted via authentication).

Thanks again and hope to hear from you soon.

Nish