VoiceThread

VoiceThread

by Erica Vail -
Number of replies: 3

Hi, Moodlers,

Does anyone have Voicethread LTI integration?  If so, do you know if there is an easy grading method build into the integrated tool?  Do faculty input grades from the VoiceThread page or do they have to manually enter grades into the gradebook?

Erica

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Erica Vail

Re: VoiceThread

by Tiffany Morgan -

We have VT LTI integration. When you create an external tool activity in the course, create using assignment builder. Then when submissions are made you use the up and down arrows to input the point earned (screen grab attached). If there are no submissions then they enter via the gradebook. All of this is done via Moodle. 

Hope this helps, but happy to try to answer more questions if needed

Attachment Screen Shot 2015-02-09 at 2.56.17 PM.png
In reply to Tiffany Morgan

by Shawn Trueman -

Do you run your entire site in https? It seems as though that may be the only way for us to get grade book to function with this LTI.

We've already purchased VT integration but without the assignment/grading feature it is a little deficient.

Tech support from VT said, "At bare minimum, any POSTs to https://[your-moodle-domain]/mod/lti/service.php must be under SSL in order for the gradebook integration to work. We'll need to do a little testing after your Moodle host has been able to do this just to make sure nothing else needs to be done, but in theory that should work. If this isn't possible, you may not be able to use the gradebook integration portion of VoiceThread."

In reply to Erica Vail

by David Conrad -

Greetings. We recently upgraded from Moodle version 2.6.5 to 2.8.7. Now when duplicating a course  the text/recordings that the original course had seem to be missing. When I go to edit the activity settings, I see that the 'External tool type' is set to 'Automatic, based on launch URL'. If I change this field to VoiceThread and save, the activity now has the correct test/recordings available. We only mention this because this never happened before with 2.6.5. I've contacted VoiceThread about this, but wanted to see if you could help resolve this. I've checked the LTI settings and do not see a way to make VoiceThread the default selection, even though it's the only LTI we're using for the site.  Please let me know if you have any questions. I appreciate anyone's help greatly!

Attachment Screen Shot 2015-07-14 at 2.00.56 PM.png