Forced questions questions

Forced questions questions

by Lilian Biber -
Number of replies: 7

I would like to make a forced questions type questionnaire. Each question contains 4 statements which the respondent has to grade from 1 (does not apply to me) to 4 (applies very much to me). Each grade may only be used once. Every statement represents a different variabele. The first statement is leadership, the second one social behaviour and so forth. How do I make this questionnaire?

Everything works fine so far. How do I tell the system that each statement scores on a different variabele? Thanks for your replies.

Q1

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lilian Biber

Re: Forced questions questions

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Lilian,

I think what you want can easily done. Use the Rate (scale1..5) question type and select Response is required when you create it. In fact, there was a discussion about this type of question just a few days ago, located here.

Documentation is located here.

HTH,

AL

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

by Lilian Biber -

Hele Al,

Thank you for your swift response. I can find how this works when each statement is a separate question. But I cannot find hoe it works when four statements are one question. To clarify, this is what it looks like, see the picture below. I hope that you have a solution for me. Thanks in advance.Q1

In reply to Lilian Biber

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Lilian,

The attached backup contains a sample questionnaire with your example of your two questions. I included two versions of each question, one like you asked for, and one that uses text to replace the column headers for 1 and 4.

You can restore the backup to a new course or merge into an existing one. It contains just one topic area and the questionnaire. If you edit the questions, you can see how they are created and use them as a guide to make any others you need.

I made this backup using Moodle 2.8. If it is not compatible with your Moodle and will not restore, let me know and I can give it to your for any version from 1.9 on up to 2.8.

HTH,

AL

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

by Lilian Biber -
Hi Al,

Thank you very much for the effort you put in this. I have been trying for some time now to get the file in moodle without success. Can you give me instructions? Thanks again.

In reply to Lilian Biber

by AL Rachels -

Hi Lilian,

It would help to know which version of Moodle you are using, so at the moment, all I can give is general advice. The file I uploaded is a backup file that needs to be restored into a course. When you do the restore, you can select either merge into the current course or create a new course.

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by Lilian Biber -

Hi Al,

Sorry that I did not reply sooner. Your solution is exactly what I mean. But I still have a problem. Let's say that the first statement is Leadership. This means that when he assigns 4 points to the first statement Leadership should go up with 4 points. The second  statement adds to 'social'. If he does not choose this statement 'social' goes up with 0 points. The third statement is emotional stability and so on. I do not know how to calculate the result where each question contains several variables. I really hope that you can help me with this. Thank you very much for your help so far.

In reply to Lilian Biber

by AL Rachels -

Hi Lilian,

So far as I know, to do what you want to do you would need to click on Download In Text Format and do your analysis in a spreadsheet.

AL