Journal screen blank after upgrade to Moodle 2.8

Journal screen blank after upgrade to Moodle 2.8

by Judy Nichols -
Number of replies: 2

We just upgraded several Moodle sites from 2.4 to 2.8. We upgraded our Journal plugin to 28.1 Build: 2015011300. We can't get Journal to work in any of our sites--when we click on a Journal activity we just get a blank screen. Has anyone else run into this or does anyone have any ideas as to how we might fix this? Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Judy Nichols

Re: Journal screen blank after upgrade to Moodle 2.8

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Judy,

I'm between classes and only have a quick moment but have two ideas. Have you tried turning on debug to developer to see if it gives any info. The other is that when I've seen blank white screens like this it was caused by the way I installed the addon. I moved the files to where they needed to be, as one user, then forgot to change the owner to the web user, which on my server is apache. Once I fixed the owner permissions, they usually have started to work.

HTH,

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

Re: Journal screen blank after upgrade to Moodle 2.8

by Judy Nichols -

Thank you Al. We were able to fix it--and it was a problem the installation. We used a script that had an error and the folder didn't go to the correct place. Thank you for pointing us in the right direction.

Judy Nichols