Enemy questions. (alpha plugin available for devs)

Enemy questions. (alpha plugin available for devs)

by Ray Morris -
Number of replies: 3
I've built a plugin to provide an "enemy questions" feature. In the question bank, you can specify that if question A is on any quiz, question B should not also be added to that quiz. This works both for the random question type and manual selection of questions.

Right now, it's just working - there are no unit tests, no README file or other documentation. I'm letting people know about it right now anyway because I won't have time to clean it up and write units tests very soon, as I have to rush off to another project (PDF quizzes and Scantrons). I figured if any other devs want to useit, and maybe even help write the units tests, I'd make it available now.

https://github.com/MorrisR2/moodle_local_enemyquestions

Actually right at the moment we're also missing backup and restore functionality. I plan to have that added very soon, though I may need to ask Tim's help working with the question bank backup, in which case it's pending his schedule. It does include a very minor patch to mod/quiz/locallib.php If you think you would find this helpful and would like to see further development, let me know in this thread, please.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ray Morris

Re: Enemy questions. (alpha plugin available for devs)

by ryan sanders -

awesome! i like the sound of it. 

TIP:  create readme file and place it in the root of your github and the readme will auto showup below the listing of files. 

would encourage you to try and publishing it to www.moodle.org/plugins so it gets out there. even if it is alpha. *shrugs* 

In reply to ryan sanders

by Ray Morris -

@ryan sanders

I'll certainly plan to do that in a few months after $project->deadline has passed and I have time to clean up several plugins and submit them.  I have several plugins for searching and sorting the question bank in various ways which I'll add as well. Until then, here it is for anyone who needs to use it this month! smile

In reply to Ray Morris

by Ray Morris -

Backup and restore is now working.

I'll need to get with Tim about the core patch before I submit it to the Plugins directory  That may take a while.