How to include social networking (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) in the Moodle Theme (e

How to include social networking (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) in the Moodle Theme (e

by John Baker -
Number of replies: 1

Hi Group,

I recently purchased a book from Amazon about Moodle.  It explained that I could use the "Essential" theme to help me message students to Facebook and Twitter and other networking sites. It also provided some pretty clear screen shots on how to do this. I'm including them below.

The problem is that I am using Moodle 2.7 and the themes (Formal White and Clean) don't seem to offer this option. Am I overlooking something? Am I looking in the wrong place? Is there another way to reach this goal?

Thank you for any ideas you can provide.

Best wishes,

John

Attachment Image 1.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Baker

Re: How to include social networking (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) in the Moodle Theme (e

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

John, I am afraid there must be some confusion created on your part in understanding the core concept of social network integration in Essential.

Essential itself does not provide any means to directly communicate with any social network, however there are option to "provide links to social networks", so users can find the icon links to social network pages of these sites and follow/visit them.  where If you want to make announcements on social networks then this will be done by individually logging into your social network site (for example Facebook) and posting a message there, or you can say its easy way to go to your social network site by just clicking the icon from Essential theme and users can follow network that they essentially use.

Where you have mentioned Formal white and clean theme giving this option, this feature of Essential can be integrated into them as well, without hassle. if you want to create the option in any other theme where option of mentioning social network within the theme is not possible, let me know I will assist you in that using third party tools.