Fake course?

Fake course?

by Darren Middleton -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I am starting out with Moodle in my business and I wonder if there is a way to import training data from an Excel sheet into a part of Moodle which will then act as a starting point with a new learning platform.

Do I have to set up a fake course to receive the data or is there a way to simply hold data and report on it.

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Darren Middleton

Re: Fake course?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It all rather depends on what the data actually is?

In reply to Howard Miller

by Darren Middleton -

Howard,

The data will be along the lines of Name, Role title, Course type and a pass or fail. Once that key data is in Moodle it will be used to create reminders for compliance training etc. 

In reply to Darren Middleton

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Moodle doesn't do that sort of thing anyway. Go and have a look at http://www.iomad.org which does. Although I still think you're going to struggle (with the vanilla version) to import existing data. Either way, you may need to get some development done to import your data.