Is there a resource for lesson notes?

Re: Is there a resource for lesson notes?

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -
Number of replies: 3

I may have cured this with a resource already in Moodle:  The Forum.

I created one, called Lesson Plans.
It is dedicated to a group called Me of which I am the only member.
Place a duplicate in every week and set them to hidden.

I can update the thread as needed and add comments.
I can upload files.
There is even an e-mail message as a reminder,,,,
I can place a grade as a self evaluation on the success of the lesson.

If the lesson carries for another day, I copy/paste the noted into the next lesson plan.

There may be a fluke or two but so far, it seems to be a workable idea.

Thoughts appreciated.

In reply to Steve Ambro v3.8

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -

Updating with a progress report.

I now have a single user (me) forum called lesson plans and have one for each day of class.  IT allows me to set notes for the activity and install files to use in the lesson.  At the end of the lesson, I can update the description, note is it filled the time requires, how well it worked as well as saving any new files developed in class.

Draw back:  It would be nice if I could have it open in the edit mode instead of all the extra clicks to open the single-entry thread. (I am redefining the original design of the forum here).

Concern: Apparently the contents of this forum/lesson plan will not be contained in a back up for next semester.  Is there a switch or will I have to rely on copy paste until a Lesson Plan resource is invented?

Generally, it is working well for me though.  It certainly organizes things for me.

In reply to Steve Ambro v3.8

by Andy Chaplin -

Hi Steve

I'm coming rather late to this discussion, but it triggered off a thought which has been brewing for a while.

If I understand you correctly, you are looking for something which would allow you to append notes to an activity/topic/module?  Do you mean something like the notes that can be added to a student's profile?  I would certainly love to have a feature like that which could be applied to activities or topics.

For me, it would seem clear that the creator of any content should have the ability to add notes to that content, whether it be reminders, feedback or ideas for improvement in the future - this really should be a feature that's available as standard.

In reply to Andy Chaplin

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -

This is more of a single user forum and I will be the only one to see it or modify it.  The reason I choose the forum is that it seems to offer the best available remedy and so far I can make ti work.  Either there is a better way to do it or maybe a new resource may come out of this.

If I could set up a private Assignment that at would allow me to edit the description and drag in/out files easily during the class time then it would be easier.